- Gainesville Latino Film Festival
- 2017 Committee Members
- Latina Women’s League Board of Directors
Since 2005, the Gainesville Latino Film Festival has featured hundreds of groundbreaking, highly acclaimed and thought-provoking films from Latin America. In 2017, our mission continues: to afford Gainesville the unique opportunity to see world-class cinema, innovative shorts, international award winners, and foster diverse experiences that link people through the art of cinema- launching Gainesville as a cultural destination. This year’s amazing line-up includes films from Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Bolivia, Mexico, US, and Guatemala. Join us for Gainesville’s most thrilling movie event of the year!
Some of our Highlights:
- This year’s visiting directors are Sergio Machado (Brazil), and Celso Garcia (Mexico) and great speakers, Short Film Jurors, Emily Hind and Bill Dean.
- We are excited to showcase our 1st Annual Short Film Competition on September 18.
- As well the Family Fun Event on September 16, with musical and, dance performances, and an ESOL Arts showcase at Millhopper Library.
- Plus, the Night in el Barrio, Salsa concert event on September 28, so get your dancing shoes ready! Don’t miss it!!
To all of our sponsors, partners, supporters, volunteers and friends, past, present and future –we thank you for your continued support, excitement, and most importantly, your passion for films!View 2017 Poster
Victoria Condor-Williams, Director
Pilar Morales, Co-Management Assistant
Leticia Escamilla, Co-Management Assistant
Amelia Dempere, LWL Treasurer & Social Media Coordinator
Emily Bonilla, Social Media Assistant
Rosabel Ruiz, Sponsor Coordinator
Ellie D Grosteffon, Venue and Events Coordinator/Logistic Coordinator
Lillian Castro, Public Relations Coordinator & Graphic Designer Coordinator
James E. Jr. Evans, Short Film Coordinator & Technical Coordinator
Krystal Serrano, Opening Night Coordinator
Clara Sotelo, Advertising Coordinator & Closing Night Coordinator
Ericka Ghersi, Advertising Coordinator
Jaylene Murillo, Volunteer
Board of Directors
President: Victoria Condor-Williams
Vice President: Ileana McCray
Secretary: Amelia Dempere
Parliamentarian: Lillian Guevara-Castro
Treasurer: Olga Rivera